Eagle Pointer 09.07.2013
Eagle Pointer 9/1 - 9/7/2013
Residents of Shelby County: to avoid interruption in garbage serviceto service
• If you are currently being provided with residential garbage service by Waste Management and have not established service with Waste Pro, please call (205) 432-0878 or visit www.wasteprousa.com and click on the “Customer Information” link.
• On Tuesday, October 1st, Waste Pro will become your new Residential solid waste & recycling collector.
• Waste Pro a will be providing every-other-week curbside recycling services for no additional charge. Contact Waste Pro if you wish to participate. You will be notified of your service day prior to October 1st.
• Waste Pro will be placing containers throughout September. Please do not use your new containers before October 1st.
Neighbor to Neighbor
Adopt a Golden Birmingham (AGB) Night of Golden Opportunities
Come out for a Night of Golden Opportunities hosted by Adopt a Golden Birmingham. Our gala will be at Iron City in Birmingham, Alabama on September 24, 2013 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Enjoy a fun filled night of music, drinks, and friends! We will also have live and silent auctions. Tickets are $100. For further information, or to purchase tickets, please go to adoptagoldenbirmingham.com or purchase directly from Mel Burres, 437-3757
Paws for a Cause
The Animal League of Birmingham will host the 5th Annual Paws for the Cause 5K/1mi kids run/pet walk on September 21, 2013 at Hoover Veteran's Park. All Proceeds benefit the Shelby Humane Society. Please come out and support your local Shelter and give your pooch a little excercise. If you have any questions contact Donna McFeeters 981-9773
We have a transferrable Swim and Tennis membership for sale for $500. If you are selling your house this would be a great bonus or if you are new to the neighborhood and need one please contact ..........
Eagle Point resident for 9 years has an opening available to clean houses on Monday and Tuesdays. I used to have a cleaning business and looking for part time work. Very Trustworthy. References available upon request. Please contact ........ if interested or for any questions.
Eagle Point Fall Festival
SUNDAY OCTOBER 27th, 2 – 5 pm
• This year’s Fall Festival will include a Business Expo for businesses owned by Eagle Point residents and the office park businesses and a "Taste of Eagle Point" with local restaurants providing food samples.
• With almost 700 families in Eagle Point, and Christmas right around the corner, this might be a good opportunity to create interest in your product or service; however, there should be no sales the day of the festival.
• The cost to have a booth (we provide a table and two chairs) is $10 OR FREE if you have a give-a-way or activity to create interest for the festival goers, especially the children. Restaurants providing food are not charged a fee.
• Please send an email to the EPHOA office if you are interested. Include your name, address, phone number and your business name and product or service email@example.com
Take advantage of the Eagle Pointer and submit your ideas and items to firstname.lastname@example.org for an opportunity to reach your neighbors and the residents of the Eagle Point Community.
The next Board Meeting will be held Tuesday, September 17th at 6:00 p.m.
Deadline to appear in the next week’s Eagle Pointer: Monday by midnight.
We would appreciate any feedback on this newsletter! Please send a note to email@example.com.
The mission of the Eagle Point Homeowners Association is to enhance the quality of life in our neighborhood by facilitating the safety, security, and social interaction of all our residents. The further mission is to increase the property values of individual homes through community improvements and maintenance while supporting our board of directors through volunteering our time and talents to accomplish these goals.